Thursday, December 20, 2012

going beachy:

If you know me at all, you would know that i absolutely love the beach! There's something about that relaxing beachy lifestyle that i have always loved. There's nothing better than the sun on your face, sand between your toes, and listening to the waves crash on the beach in front of you.

My older brother, Brandon moved to California to attend college at the Art Institute. There he met his wife, Robyn and has raised his children Navi and Rome. And of course, my older siblings Tanner and Courtney have had their share of time living in California too. It's definitely a place us Winnie's love!

Because half of my family is currently living in California, we've had more opportunities than we'd normally have to visit! And every time we do, i grow more and more in love with this place i hope to soon be living!

A little bit about my California living family:


This is my niece Navi. She is the smartest, most creative four year old i have ever met. She remembers anything and everything you tell her! She is also so creative, always drawing the most amazing pictures! She surprises me every day. And just look how pretty this little girl is! 



This is my nephew Rome. He is the funniest little boy ever, and can always make you laugh! His happy laugh is so contagious, you just can't be in a bad mood around this boy! Plus his little voice just always puts a smile on my face. And do you see this blonde curly hair of his? Oh my!!


This is my brother Brandon and his wife Robyn. I can't tell you how much i look up to my older brother. He is always giving me the greatest advice and life lessons. If i ever have any questions i know i can always turn to him and he'll give me the most insightful answers. And don't even get me started on this pretty sis of mine. Robyn is seriously the greatest mom ever. You can just see how much love she has for these amazing kids of hers. I've learned so much from these two, and i miss them dearly!

A little about our California trips:

We always stay together at Brandon and Robyn's apartment. Look how cute their new place in Laguna Hills is!



Every day we pack our things and head down to the beach! 



And what's a Winnie trip without taking loads of pictures? I'm glad i do though, because not a week goes by that i don't look back through these pictures and imagine myself in the warm weather loving life.





This cute little boy stopped me on the beach one day to show me what he had found. Collecting sea shells, beach glass and drift wood along with looking through the rocks for the crabs are some of my favorite things to do! 







I love all of the things we do as a family when we visit. One of my favorite things to do is go out to the pier after the beach is closed. We'll pick up some good drinks and then head out to watch the waves. One time we went during what is called red tide. All of the seaweed coming in actually glows in the moonlight! It's amazing. 

Last trip we got to the pier just in time to see a seal in the water below. It was so cute, and Navi loved it too!


Its safe to say that i love California and all its beauty. I could drive around looking at the cute homes and apartments that line the beach all day long. I love the humid air. I love the laid back surfer style. I love seeing surf boards attached to the top of people's cars. I love riding my bike along the boardwalk. I love the smell of the ocean. I love the palm trees. I love it all! 

But i especially love this family of mine. I love when we all get to be together. Especially when it's next to the ocean. 






No comments:

Post a Comment